Develop in-demand IT and management skills to deal with information security threats worldwide
This BCS-accredited online MSc in Computer and Information Security addresses the urgent and rapidly evolving requirement for improved IT security. Cybercrime is diversifying as the cloud gets bigger and mobile and social networks expand. Every innovation seems to bring a fresh security risk. The field of information security is in a constant state of flux, as these new threats emerge.
Our MSc in Computer and Information Security reflects the changing needs of individuals and businesses, with a focus on innovation and critical thinking. The programme provides a thorough grounding in the standards, terminology and best practices of computer and information security. As a student, you’ll acquire critical skills and learn how to apply the latest methods and technologies. You’ll develop the ability to plan, design, implement and manage large IT security systems.
The programme’s 100% online format allows you to fit your studies around your professional and personal life. This means that you can begin the next stage of your career without interfering with your existing commitments. By the time you graduate, you will be equipped to fully embrace the challenges of the dynamic IT security sector.
Why choose the University of Liverpool Online MSc in Computer and Information Security?
- Gain a masters degree in technical computing from one of the UK’s highest ranked computer science departments (as per the Guardian’s University Guide 2014: League table for computer sciences)
- Develop in-demand IT and management skills for a wide range of senior-level technology-related roles
- Acquire a combination of technical know-how, academic understanding and management skills
- Collaborate and learn with IT professionals from across the globe
Master in Computer and Information Security highlights
- Study 100% online and fit your studies around your working life
- Gain a qualification that has been fully accredited by the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT
- Acquire advanced strategic and management skills, as well as technical abilities, that have immediate impact across a range of IT specialisms
- Gain powerful insights into the latest developments in information and communications technology
- Understand the challenges facing organisations in today’s technology-reliant economy
- Study in an online environment that will help keep you motivated and on track to succeed
- Learn from experienced faculty with vast experience in online education and experts in both management and IT
- Collaborate with other IT professionals around the world, while building your international network
A reputation for excellence
The University of Liverpool is first in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent IT research with 97% of its computer science research rating as world-leading or internationally excellent in terms of originality, significance and rigour (Research Excellence Framework 2014). The University’s Department of Computer Science has close links to an impressive range of industry partners to develop cutting edge technologies.
This programme is accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT. A benchmark of excellence in IT, accreditation gives you the assurance that the degree meets the requirements set by an independent specialist agency. Some employers recruit preferentially from accredited degrees, and an accredited degree is likely to be recognised by countries that are signatories to international accords. An accredited degree also entitles you to professional membership of BCS, which is an important part of the criteria for achieving Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status through the Institute.
The University of Liverpool is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide and is a member of the UK’s prestigious Russell Group of 24 research-led universities which includes the universities of Oxford and Cambridge.