Develop in-demand IT and management skills for senior technology roles specialising in big data worldwide
This BCS-accredited MSc in Web Sciences and Big Data is ideal for IT professionals who are looking to take the lead in the expanding digital economy. It is the first 100% online UK masters covering both web sciences and big data – areas that are rapidly transforming our world.
The internet revolution has given rise to the largest human information system in history, and the amount of data produced around the world is growing exponentially. As this development continues to gather speed, it touches almost every field of human activity. This is the world of web sciences and big data.
The online masters programme has been designed in consultation with industry experts to encompass all the most sought-after skills and competencies needed for leadership in this field. The study covers big data infrastructure, data analytics and business intelligence, with a key focus on technological developments, including information architecture, mobile, social and grid computing.
You’ll have a choice of specialist modules ranging from systems analysis and design to computer forensics. And you’ll adopt an interdisciplinary approach that encompasses web engineering alongside more general management and people skills.
Why choose the University of Liverpool Online MSc in Web Sciences and Big Data?
- Gain a masters degree in technical computing from one of the UK’s highest ranked computer science departments (as per the Guardian’s University Guide 2014: League table for computer sciences)
- Develop in-demand IT and management skills for a wide range of senior-level technology-related roles
- Acquire a combination of technical know-how, academic understanding and management skills
- Collaborate and learn with IT professionals from across the globe
Master in Web Sciences and Big Data highlights
- Study 100% online and fit your studies around your working life
- Gain a qualification that has been fully accredited by the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT
- Gain powerful insights into the latest developments in information and communications technology
- Understand the challenges facing organisations in today’s technology-reliant economy
- Study in an online environment that will help keep you motivated and on track to succeed
- Learn from experienced faculty with vast experience in online education and experts in both management and IT
- Collaborate with other IT professionals around the world, while building your international network
A reputation for excellence
The University of Liverpool is first in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent IT research with 97% of its computer science research rating as world-leading or internationally excellent in terms of originality, significance and rigour (Research Excellence Framework 2014). The University’s Department of Computer Science has close links to an impressive range of industry partners to develop cutting edge technologies.
This programme is accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT. A benchmark of excellence in IT, accreditation gives you the assurance that the degree meets the requirements set by an independent specialist agency. Some employers recruit preferentially from accredited degrees, and an accredited degree is likely to be recognised by countries that are signatories to international accords. An accredited degree also entitles you to professional membership of BCS, which is an important part of the criteria for achieving Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status through the Institute.
The University of Liverpool is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide and is a member of the UK’s prestigious Russell Group of 24 research-led universities which includes the universities of Oxford and Cambridge.