To lay the foundation for successful study, and provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the key concepts associated with the computing environment.
Start your personal and professional journey with this on-boarding module for the MSc in Cyber Security programme, where you will be introduced to the online learning environment. The module provides a critical "state-of the-art" review of the domain of information technology (IT). It is designed to offer a wide-ranging understanding on topics such as software engineering, cyber security and big data analytics.
By completing the module, you will have a comprehensive global view of the current IT landscape in the context of both commercial and non-commercial enterprises. The module blends both theory and practice, so that a solid foundation is provided for future study.
- Key concepts in the IT industry
- Enterprise-oriented software and systems enterprise development
- Data management and big data analytics
- Cyber security and risk management
- Current and emerging IT trends
- Global characteristics of IT