To lay the foundation for successful study, and introduce strategic considerations of IT projects and their management.
Start your personal and professional journey with this on-boarding module for the MSc in Information Systems Management programme, where you will be introduced to the online learning environment. The module is designed to offer a wide-ranging knowledge of the strategic considerations associated with software acquisition and deployment, and the management of information systems projects.
It considers the role of software within organisations from the human, social, knowledge and business perspectives. In the context of software acquisition, the module examines a range of processes from off-the-shelf acquisition to bespoke software development – including various software lifecycles. Once acquired, software needs to be maintained and evolved: the module also examines theories and methods for achieving this.
- Navigating modules, contributing to discussions, submitting deliverables
- Leading IT in larger organisations
- The role of IT within organisations
- Managing and administering IT
- Improved decision-making about how to perform IT functions